Once again I turned something similar to one I really liked that sold recently. I didn’t bring the photo up of the old project since I didn’t want to duplicate it. I went back after finishing and looked though and I like this one even better. Up to 6 coats of lacquer but I plan on a few more to take care of a few flat spots. This was the first day I had to spray outside for quite a while. Rain did come in a couple of hours after I finished, I guess I got lucky. The lid is some canary wood of which I have a few small pieces squirreled away. This will probably end up on Etsy next week.
I sold my favorite spalted piece at Oxford Day a few weeks ago (a very successful show despite the nasty weather). It was the only piece on display with no price and I had the buyer dicker for it since I was not that keen on selling. This one is a variation on that design of the spalted wood with darker top and bottom. The darker wood is sapele and I believe the spalted section is oak (maybe, perhaps). There is a bit of bug damage which actually adds some character to the piece.
This item available in my Etsy Store