With too many home renovation projects going on my shop time has been limited but I needed to get at least one turned project done and green was the color I wanted to work with. I also wanted a high gloss finish so multiple coats of lacquer were used for that. The shape is one that I have used before on a smaller vessel that I keep staring at on my bench. I knew I wanted to duplicate that. Once again — no idea what this wood is except it had some serious blotching and many bug holes. That just added to the challenge. I am usually very critical of my own work but can’t find much to criticize on this piece. I think the only change I would have made is to make the walls a bit thinner — but that would have taken hours that I didn’t have to spend.