After a lengthy vacation and getting the shop ready for cold weather I was finally able to complete a couple of projects. This piece of oak (or maybe pecan) was sitting out behind my shop for a long, long time and when I cut into it I found some very nice spalting. It was a bit “spongy” which necessitated gluing a piece of hardwood on the bottom for good attachment to the lathe but I rather liked the look so I turned that into a foot. I also didn’t want to go too small so I left the bark inclusion on the side which also added to the appeal of the piece. I have more photos which I have yet to process of this and some other piece of late.
More wood turning
Leave a reply