Orange Lightning

2015-12-28 15.09.38This branch of Osage Orange had taken a lightning strike before ending up in my inventory. If I turned through the char there wouldn’t have been enough wood left to turn anything medium size and I didn’t want any more small items. The solution was to accentuate the bad part instead of eliminating it. This was started with a coat of danish oil and now has the first coat of tung oil which I applied after taking photos. I seem to be on the project a day plan since I have 2 weeks vacation with absolutely no where to go. This will be a time for experimentation and shop improvements both of which are hard to work in when I have normal schedules.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.