I had no idea what was was in this stump when I put it on the lathe. What I found was some really nice spalting and figure. It seemed a little plain so I used the same epoxy as was on the unnatural edged bowl to add an accent ring at the top. The color was perfect to accentuate the piece. This again was a defect driven piece. I had to turn away some junk and ended up with the shape you see. I also brushed on multiple coats of lacquer and rubbed them back to a satin sheen so filled the loose grain well and feels smooth. Still on the project a day plan but in the meantime I have done more than one. I had to do multiples of the Ebony No Ivory piece because everyone seemed to want one.