This pieces of walnut had some cracks at a knot hole but the graining was nice so I turned it any way more as a practice piece than any thing else. I like the look and the cracks look natural in it so it will sit on a shelf in my office. The other problem with the piece is the Brazilian Cherry lid. It came from a cut off someone gave me and had a tonne of some sort of “plasticy” finish on it. When I turned through that I found there was a glue seam which is a black like and unmatched grain pattern. Since it was a practice piece I went ahead and finished it. Not too bad all in all if you don’t study it too closely.